● Have a broad appreciation of hospitality employment statistics.
● Understand the process of staff recruitment.
● Be able to calculate staff turnover.
● Link staff motivation, training and retention to company success.
● Understand the process of supervision and communication.
Given that for most managers managing people forms
the major part of their job role, the main aim of this
article is to provide an outline of staffi ng issues
that managers should be aware of. The employment
of staff in the UK is highly regulated by both the UK