1. The Credo is the principal belief of our Company. It must be
known, owned, and energized by all.
2. Our Motto is “We Are Ladies and Gentlemen serving Ladies
and Gentlemen.”As service professionals, we treat our guests
and each other with respect and dignity.
3. The Three Steps of Service are the foundation of Ritz-Carlton
hospitality. These steps must be used in every interaction to
ensure satisfaction, retention, and loyalty.
4. The Employee Promise is the basis for our Ritz-Carlton work
environment. It will be honored by all employees.
5. All employees will successfully complete annual Training
Certification for their position.
6. Company objectives are communicated to all employees. It
is everyone’s responsibility to support them.
7. To create pride and joy in the workplace, all employees have
the right to be involved in the planning of the work that affects
8. Each employee will continually identify defects (MR. BIV)
throughout the Hotel.
9. It is the responsibility of each employee to create a work environment
of teamwork and lateral service so that the needs
of our guests and each other are met.
10. Each employee is empowered. For example, when a guest
has a problem or needs something special, you should
break away from your regular duties, address and resolve
11. Uncompromising levels of cleanliness are the responsibilities
of every employee.
12. To provide the finest personal service for our guests, each
employee is responsible for identifying and recording individual
13. Never lose a guest. Instant guest pacification is the responsibility
of each employee. Whoever receives a complaint will
own it, resolve it to the guest’s satisfaction, and record it.
14. “Smile—We are on stage.” Always maintain positive eye
contact. Use the proper vocabulary with our guests and
each other. (Use words such as “Good Morning,” “Certainly,”
“I’ll be happy to,” and “My pleasure.” Do not use
words such as “OK,” “Sure,” “Hi/Hello,” “Folks,” and “No
15. Be an ambassador of your Hotel in and outside of the workplace.
Always speak positively. Communicate any concerns
to the appropriate person.
16. Escort guests rather than pointing out directions to another
area of the Hotel.
17. Use Ritz-Carlton telephone etiquette. Answer within three
rings and with a “smile.” Use the guest’s name when possible.
When necessary, ask the caller, “May I place you on
hold?” Do not screen calls. Eliminate call transfers whenever
possible. Adhere to voice-mail standards.
18. Take pride in and care of your personal appearance. Everyone
is responsible to convey a professional image by adhering
to Ritz-Carlton clothing and grooming standards.
19. Think safety first. Each employee is responsible for creating
a safe, secure, and accident-free environment for all guests
and each other. Be aware of all fire and safety emergency
procedures, and report any security risks immediately.
20. Protecting the assets of a Ritz-Carlton Hotel is the responsibility
of every employee. Conserve energy, properly maintain
our hotels, and protect the environment.