1. Failing to keep condenser coils clean on all refrigeration equipment.
2. Neglecting cooling fans. In conveyor ovens, keep them clean and free of obstructions.
3. Not treating water and/or not cleaning scale buildup from steam equipment, dishwashers, and ice makers.
4. Lax fire safety; failure to clean exhaust fan filters or have ducts inspected and cleaned regularly.
5. Dish machine abuse; failure to check temperatures and pressure requirements and make a daily check to
ensure that flatware isn’t lodged in the wash pump motor.
6. Food mixer abuse, which usually is the result of overloading the machine or using the incorrect blade.
This overloads the drive system and damages the motor or transmission.
7. Failure to maintain rotisseries. The drive system must be able to move freely or it will freeze. This means
inspecting (and periodically changing) the pit bushings that turn as the drum wheel rotates.