A room that is reported to be vacant by the housekeeping personnel, but is listed as occupied by the Front Office. This happens when:
- Front Office checks in a new guest without any luggage (Housekeeping will update the status to vacant clean referring to their physical check).
- A guest has left without settling the bills.
- Front Office has forgotten to check out the guest in the computer system.
- A guest’s name and profile was checked/input into a wrong room. In this situation, it will result a skip room and a sleep room at the same time.
- Not update the computer system after a guest has physically moved to another room. In this situation, it will result a skip room and a sleep room at the same time.
See also: Room status